Frontiers in Undergraduate Research is the annual poster exhibition of student research, scholarship, and creative projects. Frontiers is a chance for students to share their work with the UConn community and with visitors to campus.
Any undergraduate student may apply to showcase their work. Usually over 200 students participate! You can download a PDF of the 2018 Program, 2017 Program, 2016 Program, 2015 Program, 2014 Program, 2013 Program, or 2012 Program, with all student projects listed.
The 21st Annual Frontiers in Undergraduate Research Poster Exhibition is scheduled for April 13-14, 2018. Any undergraduate student may apply to showcase his or her research, scholarship, or creative activity.
Information about applying to present at Frontiers:
- The application to present at Spring Frontiers 2018 is now closed. Please contact OUR at firstname.lastname@example.org if you missed the application deadline but are required to present.
- What will be asked in the online application? This application outline lists the information you will need to provide. Note that no abstract is required.
- OUR staff will confirm your participation via email once we review your application. In the past, all students wishing to present at Frontiers have been accommodated. However, in the event that OUR receives an unusually large number of applications, we may not be able to accommodate all students. Some students may be asked to consider presenting at the Fall Frontiers event in October.
Information about Frontiers:
- Event times for Spring 2018 Frontiers: Friday, April 13, 3:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.; Saturday, April 14, 10:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. A reception will be held for student presenters and their faculty mentors on Friday, April 13 from 5:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Instructions for student presenters (Spring 2018)
- Handouts about Preparing Your Poster and Preparing Yourself for a Poster Presentation
- All presentations will be set up poster-style in the Wilbur Cross Building’s North and South Reading Rooms. Poster space is a 46 in. (vertical) by 70 in. (horizontal) display. There is also approximately 24 in. of space below the poster stand if extra space is needed. The poster boards will be covered with navy blue paper as a background for your display. We will provide pins and staplers for you to mount your posters.
- As a Frontiers participant you will be representing the University of Connecticut at one of the largest showcase events on campus. It is expected that you respect that privilege and dress in professional attire for your presentation.
- Templates are available from UConn Brand Standards (scroll all the way down the page); Biology Central Services; and the College of Agriculture, Health, and Natural Resources Office of Communications. You can download official UConn logos here.
- The Office of Undergraduate Research is not able to fund the cost of poster printing for student presenters.
- You can get your posted printed at the UConn Design and Document Production Center, located near parking services. You should plan to speak with them early about poster size and paper options, finishings, and accepted file types.