Dr. Francesco S. Celi (UConn Health – Department of Medicine, Endocrinology) is seeking a student assistant to perform routine tasks in a research environment. Our laboratory interest is focused on the role of “Thermogenic fat” in the protection against weight gain and its metabolic consequences. Daily job activities include:
• Assist Lab Staff in development and implementation of routine in vivo and in vitro experiments.
• Perform complex laboratory tasks with minimal supervision.
• Be involved with research animals (mice) handling and experimental procedures.
Special Requirements (including education, degrees, skills):
Enrolled at UConn Storrs or UConn Health Farmington with a B.sc or M.Sc. in a Biological Sciences area. Seeking a graduate student or undergraduate student who is close to graduation (December 2023 or May 2024 graduation).
The position’s required skills can also be attained through on-the-job training.
Applicants with any of the following skills may be given preferential consideration:
Prior Lab work experience:
• Nucleic acids extraction and amplification
• Protein extraction and immunoblotting
• Research animals (mice) handling
Familiarity with Microsoft Office (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Data acquisition and statistical analysis
How to Apply
Interested applicants should send a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, along with their availability.
Mentor: Dr. Francesco Celi, Chair, Department of Medicine
Department: Department of Medicine
Campus: UConn Health – Farmington