Information for Recommenders
UConn BOLD Women’s Leadership Network applicants are required to have one recommendation submitted on their behalf by a UConn faculty or staff member. It is the student’s responsibility to contact potential recommenders and secure their willingness to complete a recommendation form by the application deadline. Please note: Recommenders are asked to complete an online recommendation form, not to upload a recommendation letter.
Recommenders are asked about the following topics in the recommendation form:
- For how long and in what context(s) you have known the student.
- The specific qualities and attributes that make this student an ideal candidate for the BOLD Women’s Leadership Network.
- Your assessment of the student’s leadership potential, creative and critical thinking skills, and commitment to social change.
- Your assessment of the student’s potential to develop and implement a successful service/leadership project in summer 2024.
- Your estimation of the student’s experiences, interests, and/or personal characteristics that would enable her to benefit from participation in the BOLD program and contribute to the BOLD Scholars cohort.
- Your perspective on the areas of strength and areas of growth you see in the student.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION
Deadline date for Cohort 7 applications is pending. Recommendations must be submitted by the recommenders directly. Please follow the link emailed to you in order to submit your recommendation. You should receive an email from the UConn Quest Portal (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the subject line “Request for recommendation.” Please check your Spam or Clutter folder if the student has requested the recommendation, but you haven’t seen the message in your inbox. You can also go to the Quest Portal homepage, click on “Log In” in the top right corner, select “UConn Single Sign-on,” and enter your netID and password. If an applicant has designated you as their recommender, you should be able to view that request in the system after logging in.
Please contact Emily R. Schwab at email@example.com with any questions or concerns about recommendations.