Are You an Undergraduate Researcher Whose Work Was Recently Published?
The Council on Undergraduate Research (CUR) is looking for submissions for the “Undergraduate Research Highlights” feature of the Fall 2013 issue of the CUR Quarterly. “Highlights” consist of brief descriptions of recent (within the last 6 months) peer reviewed research or publications in scholarly journals. Publications must be in print and include one or more undergraduate co-authors. Let’s share the details of the great scholarly work by UConn undergraduates! Deadline for submission: June 14, 2013.
To be considered for publication as an “Undergraduate Research Highlight”, submissions must conform to a specific format and include the following:
- Title of the article and full journal citation (inclusive pages);
- A brief description (3-5 lines) of the research and its significance;
- Title and department/program affiliation of the faculty member;
- A brief description of the student co-author including year of study in which the student undertook the work, the opportunity through which the work was undertaken (independent study project, summer project, REU program, senior thesis project, etc.), and the current status of the student (graduate school, employed, still enrolled, etc.);
- The source of funding for the work.
All submissions must be sent via the electronic submission form available at the following link: http://cur.networkats.com/members_online/submissions/substart.asp?action=welcome&cid=121.
Students with questions regarding the eligibility of their highlight should contact Highlights Editor Nicole Bennet via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. General questions regarding the submissions process should be directed to the CUR National Office at email@example.com or 202-783-4810.