The BOLD Opportunity and Commitment
The BOLD program provides extensive financial and programmatic support to its Scholars. With that opportunity comes a reciprocal responsibility to embody BOLD’s core values of courage, authenticity, and vision, and to fulfill the program’s requirements as outlined below.
- Access to leadership programming, career development and networking opportunities, and community-building events on and off campus.
- Scholarship support for the duration of your participation as a BOLD Scholar (For Cohort 2 Scholars: Fall 2019, Spring 2020, Fall 2020, and Spring 2021), contingent on your continued eligibility. This support will be determined on an individual basis, in consultation with Student Financial Aid Services, and will focus on replacing loans and addressing unmet need.
- Support in developing a BOLD service leadership project during the junior year.
- Stipend and project expense support for BOLD service leadership projects during the summer between your junior and senior years.
- Maintain full-time enrollment and good academic standing at UConn.
- Prioritize and participate in BOLD cohort meetings and other BOLD programming. As a BOLD Scholar, you are required to attend and participate thoughtfully and productively in regular meetings with your BOLD Director and cohort. These meetings will be an opportunity for you to develop your leadership and networking skills and connect with your fellow BOLD Scholars. Other gatherings of the BOLD Scholars, including an annual retreat, will be scheduled throughout the year, and you are expected to prioritize these events and be a fully engaged participant.
- Engage with program resources and mentors to develop a BOLD service leadership project during your junior year.
- Implement a BOLD service leadership project during the summer between your junior and senior years. This is expected to be a substantially full-time commitment for the summer, with corresponding stipend support.
- Maintain timely communication with your BOLD Director, with your fellow Scholars, and with your project mentors.
- Act as a BOLD Ambassador on campus and beyond. As a BOLD Scholar, you are expected to represent yourself, the University of Connecticut, and the BOLD Women’s Leadership Network with integrity and as a leader committed to facilitating positive social change on campus, in your community, and through engagement with the global community.